fsck still running as of ext2 (even tough it is ext3)

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed kernel-2.4.9 from rawhide in order to use ext3
support  (I've also upgraded the necessary packages).

I've used tune2fs to make the current ext2 partitions (incluind /) and
changed fstab to reflect that.

In order to test if everything is ok (this is a test machine) I've switched
off with no shutdown.  Except the / all other partitions accused a
"journaling something at boot time".

Since I can see the .journal I assume that it may be a explicit call to
fsck.ext2 somewhere (/etc/rc.xxxx?) .

Is this correct ?  Does anyboy know where to change  that ?
Best Regards,
Lx