Re: tunable parametrs

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Nutakki, Dilip Kumar wrote:
I want to know the tunable parameters in ext2/ext3 filesystem. What are
the tunable parameters and what is the effect of tuning those parameters
on filesystem?

for starters, there's tune2fs(8) and mount(8) (look for "Mount options for ext2") and then there's some documentation on the SF project page:
http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/ext2.html

Although the "effect of tuning those parameters" is somehow "documented" in these documents, only testing (you particular usage-scenario) will tell the real impact...

C.
--
BOFH excuse #417:

Computer room being moved.  Our systems are down for the weekend.