No file system full message

Mark md_work599 at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 11:38:37 UTC 2007

Hello, I tried as a non root user and still no messages. The version on RH is ES4.
Thanks for the reply.
Still searching

Mark> From: tweeks at rackspace.com> To: ext3-users at redhat.com> Subject: Re: No file system full message> Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:39:21 -0500> CC: md_work599 at hotmail.com> > On Thursday 24 May 2007 12:35, Dwaine Mark wrote:> > Hello, I am fairly new to RH Linux but very experienced in unix. I am> > trying to generate a file system full message when I fill up an ext3 file> > system. Once the file system fills up I am expecting a message like File> > System xxxx full. but I do not get this or any message. I have modified the> > lvm.conf to send to syslog and set the messages to as verbose as I can. > > Try it as a non root user.> > Tweeks> > > I > > get lvm mesages in the file but nogting when the file system is full. Can> > someone tell me what has to be done to get the file system full message and> > in my syslog. Thanks> > _________________________________________________________________> > Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger > > http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=> >wlmailtagline> > > Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including any attached or> embedded documents) is intended for the exclusive and confidential use of the> individual or entity to which this message is addressed, and unless otherwise> expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace> Managed Hosting. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed> material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please> notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the> original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.>