Ext3 problem

Matija Nalis mnalis-ml at voyager.hr
Sun Jul 13 17:56:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 01:01:27AM +0200, Iskandar Prins wrote:
> At the moment I'm looking at the filesystem (onto which I made those changed
> last week) , but it seems I'm looking at the filesystem from a month ago (
> june 20th).

is underlying block device a single hard disk, or maybe a RAID1 or similar ?

I had a similar problem once, which turned out to be RAID1 which was out of
sync (but wrongly thining it is OK!), so sometimes it read "right" data from
one disk, and some times "bad" data from other disk. Solution was to break
the RAID, force fsck it, and recreate the raid afterwards.

> I did a fsck/e2fsck on the umounted devs and they can't get any cleaner.

you did specify -f to force it, I assume ?

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.