[fab] Google's Summer of Code 2006

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 17 16:22:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 12:01 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > Last time many of the projects that we choose to pursue within Google
> > SoC were those that required ongoing development and maintenance rather
> > than simple independent tasks and pretty much all of them have failed
> > miserably.  If we are participating this year we should identify very
> > specific tasks that people can do and walk away from and still be
> > beneficial.
>
> I don't believe there's any such thing that meets these requirements and
> still meets the requirements of the SoC... Please prove me wrong ;-)
> -- Elliot

I havent seen the SoC requirements in their site that contradict what I
suggested would be the ideal procedure to tackle this. If it does
contradict, we are better off doing our own bounties program based on
what we think would work well rather than shoehorn the process into
something that has proven itself a failure.

Rahul