fedoranews.org (Was Re: [fab] tuesday's fedora project board meeting)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 18 17:20:55 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 18.04.2006, 12:52 -0400 schrieb Greg DeKoenigsberg:
> On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > (BTW: I really would prefer if the Fedora weekly reports were used in
> > the Red Hat magazine. Why? I don't like some of the content on
> > fedoranews.org much -- but that's another story and I should probably
> > talk to tchung about that directly).
>
> Why not ensure that the Fedora weekly reports are included in
> fedoranews.org, and use both?

Well, I'd like to ask what purpose we are up to with fedoranews.org.
What does it do what we can't do at fedoraproject.org? Is it outside of
the scope from the legal rules of the Fedora Project?

<disclaimer: personal feelings involved>

BTW, the reason why I dislike fedoranews.org are articles like this:
http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Installing_NVIDIA_drivers_manually_on_FC4

(that's a improved version -- the first one was even worse). There are a
lot better ways to install the drivers that are more clean. See

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xorg/3rdPartyVideoDrivers
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01178.html

Also it encourages people sometimes to enable repos that are not
compatible with Core and Extras.

</personal feelings involved>

CU
thl