fedoranews.org (Was Re: [fab] tuesday's fedora project board meeting)

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 17:26:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> <disclaimer: personal feelings involved>
>
> BTW, the reason why I dislike fedoranews.org are articles like this:
> http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Installing_NVIDIA_drivers_manually_on_FC4
>
> (that's a improved version -- the first one was even worse). There are a
> lot better ways to install the drivers that are more clean. See
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xorg/3rdPartyVideoDrivers
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01178.html
>
> Also it encourages people sometimes to enable repos that are not
> compatible with Core and Extras.
>
> </personal feelings involved>

Disclaimer so noted.  :)

If we're going to make Fedora News "official", then perhaps we should
consider putting an editorial board in place.

Not to put even more work on people's plates -- but hey, if there are
disagreements about "official content", we should hash them out.

And why "fedoranews" versus "fedoraproject"?  Because fedoranews has
already built a brand.

--g