[fab] project hosting?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 02:52:57 UTC 2006

So, someone today wanted to move a Fedora-related bit of source
to externally available CVS. This was easily enough done; just
import it onto cvs.fedora:/cvs/devel, add an ACL, etc.

He then asked 'now, what if I want to release tarballs?'. Oops.

So, this leads to: what do we want to do for project hosting?

- CVS/<scm-of-choice>?
- mailing lists?
- bug tracking?
- web space?

How do we tie it together? Do we take the savannah software?
Something else? Roll our own? (shudder)

This is going to become even more of a need when we decomission
i18n.redhat.com and move all of that source...

Bill