[fab] project hosting?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 20:52:18 UTC 2006

> So, how does this work with:
> a) the people that want git/hg/I-wrote-my-own-SCM-instead-of-an-IRC-client?

Where we can't provide SCM, guess it would have to be external hosting.
We already have this with projects and established mailing lists, we
probably don't want to say to move if it's not needed.  We lose some
functionality but gain others.

> b) the translation project, where you have a group of *thousands* that
>    needs to check out, lock, and commit to specific files under other
>    projects?

Separate critter.  They have a working Web app that Elliot is looking at
migrating.  It needs to live on the same machine that houses the SCM
(CVS), at least as it is written.  We can look at replacing it later, if
we want to.  But we do need to get Translation in cvs.fedora so we can
have them translate docs using the Web app.

But Translation project members could have accounts in a collaboration
app for other purposes, if they want/need.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/