[fab] Plone Bootcamp

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Apr 25 00:38:39 UTC 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 18:51, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 10:51 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > http://plone.org/news/zpugdc-plone-bootcamp
> > >
> > > There's a very low-priced Plone Bootcamp for developers going on in
> > > Washington, DC next month.  Registration is supposed to open this week.
> > > I didn't know if anyone was interested in going to such a thing, but
> > > with our own Plone coming someday soonish, would it be worthwhile to
> > > sponsor someone's (or someones') attendance from Websites?
> >
> > Who's the best choice?
>
> Patrick Barnes comes immediately to mind... others?

-1

I fear it would be too costly if I could even manage it.  Is there anyone in
the region that would be interested?

A few thoughts:

 * The person should probably be in the region.
   This probably isn't worth big travel expenses.
 * The person should probably be a member of Documentation or Infrastructure.
 * The person should be a good note-taker.  ;-)

Zope and Plone are powerful and complex, but we should seldom need to dive
into the depths of the tools.  The extra knowledge from this event could be
useful, but most of our people will probably never need it.  Someone who is
familiar with Python and web design could probably put this to the best use,
and they could hopefully share what they learn with the rest of us.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/