[fab] Re: openmotif

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Aug 31 08:46:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 09:01 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 04:56:53PM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 23:45 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> >
> > > Once again I think it would be better to deprecate openmotif but drop it
> > > only at FC7...
> >
> > The only way I think this is going to happen is if the license on
> > openmotif is changed to something that is OSI or FSF compliant.
>
> The licence issue is allready solved by migrating to lesstif, it allready
> shows the commitment to have only OSI approved licences.
As I've told you many times before, I am having VERY STRONG doubts about
this claim. To me, your are just plain WRONG  and a victim of religious
zealotry.

If you want to prove and/or counter prove this claim, I'd strongly
recommend some RH and/or Fedora leader to formally notice the OpenGroup
for having violated their licence - Their reaction will bring clarity.

Ralf