F7 Plan (draft)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 21:04:27 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 15:48, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > So then why is Xen completely and utterly broken on rawhide, with no hope
> > on the horizon?
>
> To be fair, this isn't because it's not being worked on -- it's just
> that it's a huge chunk of work to get it back to working.  But Juan is
> continuing to move forward and make progress

True.  However if we were waiting for Xen to work again, we'd be holding up
further kernel development, for something that the Fedora userbase at large
may not care about.  With KVM upstream, and lhype having far more of a chance
than Xen, how much does our userbase really care about Xen when there are
better (or at least more accepted) replacements?

(yes, I'm off into lala land here)

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora