[fab] State of Fedora (a long email)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Nov 10 16:18:00 UTC 2006

Karsten Wade schrieb:
> On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 22:24 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Site note: We should create a rough mailing list guideline for Fedora,
>> as it is highly confusing that the lists are configured quite
>> differently (reply-to munging , Tags in the Subject the two most [only?]
>> important things).
> I forgot that we had put this up earlier this year, with some recent
> refreshing done:

> However, dudes like Patrick and me do not have the power to enforce such
> guidelines.
>
> The place to start for the [Subject-line-junk] is actually up at Red Hat
> IS.  Someone such as Max needs to open a ticket in the helpdesk system
> and ask them to do this:

Well, we need to agree on something before Max can do that. But it seems
nobody/no Sub-project really feels responsible for setting up a proposal
and find some people to agree on it. And the board normally should not
have to deal with such low-level stuff...

> However, there are people who like that [stuff] in their subject,
> [...]
> As for Reply-to munging.  Well, it's evil stuff, but there are equally
> smart people on both sides of that debate. [...]

Well, to be fair, I don't like to see [stuff] in the subjects and I
don't like Reply-to munging. But I could live with them; the different
settings on different fedora lists are those that make everything really
confusing...

CU
thl