Re: [fab] Architecture Policy.

On 11/16/06, Christopher Blizzard <blizzard redhat com> wrote:
Josh Boyer wrote:
> That can't account for people getting things directly from mirrors.  And
> if a certain large PowerPC company has an internal tier 1 mirror of
> Fedora you won't get any hits from there for PPC.  Remember, 90% of all
> statistics are lies ;)

Yet another reason to bring up measuring our installed base, as opposed
to download numbers.  We're arguing here without a lot of data and it shows.

--Chris

These aren't download numbers, these are unique IP's that have
contacted the mirrors.fp.o site looking for updates-released-fc6.  Not
saying they're exact.  But it will catch users using default yum
configs.  We should restart the metrics conversation soon.  There's a
lot of smart people on the list, hopefully we can figure out something
clever without being too invasive.

           -Mike