Re: [fab] Architecture Policy.

> Jesse Keating (jkeating redhat com) said:
> > Sure, but how can you tell?  How can you tell what somebody might have done to
> > get from point A) source rpms to point B) binary rpms wrapped up in an iso?
>
> So, you'd ship a system that doesn't use the bits you use to build
> it? Why would someone go to that much effort?

One example that comes immediately to mind is cross-compilation.

It's very tempting to cross-compile to support CPUs like ARM --- and fro
long bitter experience we _know_ that cross-compilation causes all kinds
of interesting screwups -- largely due to the {mis,}use of autotools
IIRC.

I'm don't think we'd ever want a cross-built distro to be 'blessed'.
Scratchbox is better but still I'm not sure.

--
dwmw2