[fab] Architecture Policy.

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Nov 20 18:39:42 UTC 2006

RS> If you call the secondary architecture, community driven wouldnt
RS> that imply that the primary architectures arent?

Hey, it was just an example.  But are you saying that isn't the case?
Here I quote spot:

> Primary: Red Hat drives the arch forward, ensures that it works, or
> else, Fedora is in a bad bad place.
> Secondary: Community drives the arch forward, ensures that it works, but
> if it doesn't, the majority of the Fedora universe remains intact.

So just adding "Community driven" to the architectures that are built
on community-run hardware outside of Red Hat's data centers doesn't
seem at all incorrect.  I was only keying off of the text of the
message I was responding to.

But of course I explicitly indicated that I wasn't arguing that the
words "community driven" are the only two words that would work there;
I was saying that it would be best some wording was chosen that didn't
imply that the secondary architectures are somehow worse.  It would
have been nice if you could have discussed the intent of my message
instead of picking out a small piece to comment on.

 - J<