[Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Infrastructure/ProjectHosting" by BillNottingham

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 16:54:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 11:42, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> If you do a single BZ instance for all Fedora Hosted Projects, you can do
> this. Of course, then you have confusion between that and a Fedora
> <whatever> bugzilla.

Right, so then a single BZ that just has a long list of each project as a
product, and then each product can have its versions/components/etc...

However if we were to go this route, why wouldn't the ticketing system that's
tied into Trac suffice?  Then we don't have to give every project owner
bugzilla admin rights to make adjustments, the milestone stuff in trac can be
more useful as it ties into tickets, post commit hooks can be ported from svn
to hg/git so that you can auto close / update tickets on a source commit,
etc...

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora