FESCo future

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 17:29:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Stuff like this becomes less of a worry if we focus on SIG's for
> various software packages/groups instead of a large all encompassing
> body.  Groups like KDE, Gnome, java, PHP, etc could get their own
> SIG's and own repos.  I'm not saying we should do this, but I do think
> we should look at doing it.

Yeah, I think there's a lot of merit in this approach.

The job of F-star should be to make sure that packages in Fedora are built
properly, work together, and are properly maintained.  This includes
"release management" of F-star in its entirety, IMHO.

The management of various "distros" that are derived from F-star should be
individual Projects or SIGs.  Fedora Desktop would be a Project.  Fedora
Games would be a SIG.  Sounds good to me.

--g