Metrics: RFC

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Nov 27 21:20:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 15:01 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> s/PPC/x86_64/g

Thanks. That doesn't actually make it any more realistic, but it does at
least refrain from contributing to the apparent witch-hunt, so it
doesn't matter much. It is, after all, only a hypothetical example.

My objection to the original was because the thing about Fedora/PPC
seems to be entirely based on the perceptions of those who don't
actually _use_ Fedora on PowerPC; those who don't have much real
experience to offset what they see elsewhere -- and that's why even such
hypothetical examples are problematic because they serve to reinforce
those opinions.

Other things we might hope to learn, btw:
 - Which initscripts are actually _enabled_ (thus which dæmons are used)
 - Number of users added -- is it really used as a multi-user system?

Those involve a more invasive method of collecting data though.

--
dwmw2