python-kid on buildsys server

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu May 10 17:26:43 UTC 2007

> On Thu, 10 May 2007 09:40:50 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> > When I used a local copy of Yum 2.6.x to get something done, I was
>> flamed.
>> > When I ask for an official update of an installed rpm, I need a lot
>> > of energy to run against closed doors.
>> >

>> You weren't flamed, you were denied.  There is a big difference.  Dennis
>> (Our buildsystem officer) and I discussed it and decided the update was
>> not worth the risk (all updates carry risk).
>
> What risk? Where can I read about that? Dennis has not replied to my
> public mail either.

Other than w3c validation failing nothing is broken.  an end user goes to
view the repoview pages  they see the correct thing.

> Currently, repoview is the only package that requires python-kid on that
> machine. Who decides on what packages from that mysterious private repo
> are "supported" on that machine or not? Seth?

In the past certain things like that package  were installed.  We now have
a policy that only officially released packages can be used on
infrastructure.  the correct place to get what you want is EPEL  im more
than happy to install anything you need that is in RHEL or EPEL.  But will
not install something from outside those two sources.

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE