Re: Official Request: Image Standard for Fedora Project

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Thomas Chung (tchung fedoraproject org) said:
+1, besides which I'm not sure this needs to be elevated to the Board
unless these groups can't come to an agreement/good answer themselves.

This is a matter of legal issue which we can't seem to agree upon
since we don't know for sure if JPEG is "patent-free" format or it's
appropriate to use on Fedora Project.

Run 'locate *.jpg' on a Fedora box.

If you want to make a JPG, make a JPG. If you want to make a PNG, make a PNG.

The Fedora Board isn't going to mandate one or the other.

--Max