Reviving the idea of Fedora Mentors?

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 1 11:01:22 UTC 2008

> >From where I sit, I think there are several  people willing to help
> new folks to the project.  The problem is making sure the new
> contributors know who to contact for help or those early questions new
> contributors might have.  So just a re-awareness of the Fedora Mentors
> project, the effort to keep that page up to date and to make sure each
> SIG/Project has a mentor representative would be a big step in the
> right direction.

Perhaps a revamp of the join.fp.o page? We can keep the cool icons etc,
but we could add more content that explains the process in general
terms, introduces the idea of mentors and points people to the list and
IRC for help?

I may have a crack at writing something like this later on today...

Best,

Jon