Reviving the idea of Fedora Mentors?

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Jun 2 02:43:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 21:47 -0400, Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
>> The user checks the boxes in question, and the Mentors receive an
>> email. "Achtung!  There's a new contributor!  Here's their email
>> address!  Bring them home!"
>
> A few thoughts:
>
> 1. A lot of CLA signers don't speak/read English (trust me, I know).
> Thus, a lot of FAS2 account holders don't. Currently, FAS2 doesn't
> require people to list the languages they speak/read. If we want to do
> this, we might want to enable that functionality, and respond
> appropriately.

Hm.  Yes.  Hm.

Do we have any l10n plans on the horizon for FAS2?  Is it even written in
such a way as to make l10n feasible?

Do we simply assume that everyone who comes to contribute to Fedora speaks
English?  Is that an unreasonable assumption?

> 2. Some of the people creating FAS2 accounts are doing so as part of the
> packaging process (they've just passed their first package review and
> are about to be sponsored). We just want to keep that in mind.

Yeah.  Probably just a massaging of the checkboxes, but yeah, we don't
want to stampede people inappropriately.

--g