Fedora Board election results

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:37:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>> "To come out of Red Hat" means it is something that is based on prior work
>> within Red Hat or something with a dependency on Red Hat. Add to that
>> proposals, ideas, plans, restructuring, results from hall-way discussions,
>> results from internal meetings, requests from internal departments, things
>> that are set in stone already and just wait for FPB to give the obligatory
>> +1.
>
> FWIW, if I had $1 for every time in the last 2.5 years I told someone
> *inside* Red Hat:
>
> "You can't do $FOO in Fedora without first getting the permission of the
> Fedora Board.  Asking me is not enough.  The Fedora Board is Fedora's
> executive team.  I can tell you what I think, but I don't make the decisions
> all by myself."
>
> then I would be living on the beach somewhere and the only emails I would
> send would be to my banker in Zurich.

Heck.. if you got $1 for the amount you say it to people outside of
Red Hat you would still be pretty well off. The big issue is that
unless you are actively inside an organization, your brain will morph
it into an uniform ball that everyone who
works/joins/participates/agrees with is the same as the worst and best
person you have ever met in that organization. Humans filter every
comment they here to match either your pro or negative  response to
something. So people inside and outside tend to believe everyone at
Red Hat drinks the same kool-aid, talks in uniform, and would all wear
matching clothes but it would give away the brain-plants. Humans also
want to deal with one person which is why they tend towards
dictatorial governments or organizations. The less a human has to
think about other things (politics, getting food, etc etc) allows them
more time to enjoy life (be it coding or watching tv). So Max is
leader, and people have an innate desire to allow him to tell them
what to do or that he should tell others what to do.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux