Meeting Minutes of Fedora EMEA NPO Meeting

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 25 21:00:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Obviously I'm unfamiliar with German law, but there *are* packages that
> handle invoicing, balancing, etc. And people say the American
> legal system is hostile to open source...

Please be aware, that ERP/GnuCash etc. != NPO management software. Managing
regular memberships or similar things is not the goal the software you have
mentioned in your mails.

A membership is a yearly fee, not a product. And if somebody has to add the
"membership product" to all of the members yearly, it isn't IMHO the target
audience - just to name an example.

Greetings,
  Robert