Fedora websites and licensing

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 22 21:58:22 UTC 2008

2008/5/22 Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 22:38 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> At this week's websites meeting, we discussed the issue of what
>> license our website code and content comes under. You can see the
>> discussion from 16:58 on the log at
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2008-May/msg00268.html
>>
>> Basically, we'd like to know what license the website is currently
>> under, whether this applies to both content and code, and finally, are
>> we happy with this license or is there a different license that we'd
>> like to use and implement?
>
> I know everything on the wiki is under the
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/OPL. I'm 95% sure that all
> of the non-wiki content on the fedoraproject.org host is as well.
>
> I can't speak to any sort of "happiness" around this situation.

Ah, I believe you were actually recommended as someone who might be
able to find out (or already know) and clearly you did!

You were also recommended as someone who might be able to get us a
recommendation about what might be best for the websites purposes, if
we ask nicely :) I think RH legal might also have come up in the
conversation... what do you think? Or is there a better direction for
us to head in?

Best,

Jon