Fedora websites and licensing

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri May 23 02:09:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 15:10 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> IIRC, part of the question was what license the "code" involved in the
> website fell under.  That is does the css and templates for the websites
> also fall under the OPL?

Exactly the point of this thread.  The *content* is under the OPL.  The
markup around just the content is probably covered by that OPL.  But the
rest of the site (CSS, Python, TurboGears, HTML, etc.) has not been
licensed.  It is, however, a contribution, so is covered at a minimum by
the CLA.

Do we have the right to license all those contributions at this point?
That is, without the permission of the contributors?

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41