Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 30 15:44:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 17:27 +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2008, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > Red Hat Linux 10 cannot be in there ,actually.
> >
> > Sulphur is the name of a linux distribution release Red Hat Linux 10
> > has not yet been the name of a linux distribution release.
> >
> > :)
>
> /me grumbles....
>
> /me thinks.....
>
> /me tries again....
>
> "Sulphur" and "Red Hat Linux 10" are both the names of Linux
> distributions that Red Hat or a Red Hat owned Project were planning to
> release.
>
> Sulphur actually was released.  Red Hat Linux 10 never was, but I'm sure
> that at some point it was "planned".  :)
>
> /me throws down the gauntlet.

I'd need evidence that anyone was planning on releasing Red Hat Linux
10. It seems to me that the following is true:
 1. red hat never preannounced version numbers, release names or dates
for the Red Hat Linux line of products
 2. It is not obvious that there was EVER going to be a Red Hat Linux 10
given lots of things about 8 and 9 ;)

/me runs
-sv