[Fedora-ambassadors-list] RedHat v/s Fedora Events

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 23:45:42 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 13:44 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> > However, I'm afraid that a Fedora Kubuntu-like may be released one day.
> > Fedora would be a base on which one team add GNOME on it while another
> > team is adding KDE on it. I'm more afraid of deviding the comunity that
> > anything else.
>
> I'm afraid about that too. I don't want to divide the community as well.
>
> I prefer to see Red Hat and the Community to work together, even if it
> concerns KDE and GNOME. RedHat's participation and the Community's
> participation should not divide them.

You did read the announcement in full, didn't you? ;-D /me knows it is
long, but it is worth it

Rex Dieter is one of the community members of the new Fedora Project
Board.

In case it is not obvious, the Fedora organization goes kind of like
this:

Project Board Chair
  Project Board
    Project Management Committee (PMC) Chairs
      PMCs
        PMC Sub-committees

PMCs are FAMSCo, FESCo, FDSCo, and so forth.

In other words, Red Dieter is now our Fedora "boss" ;-)

So, I wouldn't be too worried about a Fedora, GNOME, and KDE schism
happening anytime soon.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/