[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FUDCon San Francisco 2006?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 13:27:11 UTC 2006

Is anyone interested in having a FUDCon this year to coincide with
LinuxWorld San Francisco?  The target date would be 18 August.

Alternately, is there another great San Francisco/Silicon Valley event
that we could attach to or pair up with to have a FUDCon?

Our big challenges are:

1. A venue
2. A draw

I saw recently how valuable and useful the Boston University space was
(mad props to Matt, Paul, and all the BU folks).  Good facilities and
early access are essential.

What draws people to the FUDCon?  Good speakers, that's one thing.  How
many Fedora developers are in the Bay Area?

Another draw is being connected to a big open source attractor such as
LinuxWorld.  Except, uh, LWCE isn't the same kind of FLOSS draw as it
was in the past.  Is there something better?

Planning to commence here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/FUDConSanFrancsico2006

I know Guntharp is out there.  What other Fedora Ambassadors and project
contributors are local to Northern California?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/