[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Are we in a state of Chaos?

Clair fedora at freehold.no-ip.info
Fri Apr 21 18:55:52 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 April 2006 19:54, Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> Well, the question is in the subject.
>
> Is the ambassadors project in utter chaos, and losing focus?
>
> First the ambassadors is the entire marketing initiative
> Then, we announce ambassadors is strictly for spreading events, and the
> marketing list is for all else.
> And now, we are bringing non-ambassador stuff back to the ambassadors
> meetings?

Ambassadors is (now) for events and lugs, and such. What's the harm in talking
about other material during the meetings?

> And the meetings...
> We seem to be spending as much time arbitrarily disciplining ambassadors
> for `speaking out of turn`, as we are getting the work done.

The less people speak out of turn, the less chaotic it gets. People will
eventually realise that speaking out of turn is pointless; but we also need
to educate those not in the know. This is something that needs to be made
clearer on the wiki, and also something that maybe mentors can assist with.

> I hate to say this, but I don't know if the current team of lxmaier +
> tchung as chair of the meeting is working out :(, no offense to either
> lx or thomas.

I think that Alex and Thomas are doing fine jobs.

> May I please volunteer EvilBob to perhaps lead the next meeting, if he
> is available?

I think it is perhaps not the best plan to have the person voted in to chair
to not chair.

Clair