[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Are we in a state of Chaos?

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 19:10:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 19:55 +0100, Clair wrote:

> Ambassadors is (now) for events and lugs, and such. What's the harm in talking
> about other material during the meetings?

By that logic, having non-ambassador stuff on the ambassadors list also
makes sense.

> > We seem to be spending as much time arbitrarily disciplining ambassadors
> > for `speaking out of turn`, as we are getting the work done.
>
> The less people speak out of turn, the less chaotic it gets.

By that logic, the last meeting should have been very chaotic, as at
least 10 people were caught for speaking out of turn

> People will eventually realise that speaking out of turn is pointless;

By that time, more ambassadors will have joined

> but we also need
> to educate those not in the know. This is something that needs to be made
> clearer on the wiki, and also something that maybe mentors can assist with.

And I must say that is should be out highest priority

We must get everyone working on it, right away</sarcasm>

> > I hate to say this, but I don't know if the current team of lxmaier +
> > tchung as chair of the meeting is working out :(, no offense to either
> > lx or thomas.
>
> I think that Alex and Thomas are doing fine jobs.
>
> > May I please volunteer EvilBob to perhaps lead the next meeting, if he
> > is available?
>
> I think it is perhaps not the best plan to have the person voted in to chair
> to not chair.

Who said anything about voting?

And why not, in any case?

Gja