[Ambassadors] FreeMedia India Distribution Backlash

Santosh Kumar santosh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 3 02:34:47 UTC 2006

On 12/3/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Santosh Kumar wrote:
> > On 12/3/06, *Rahul Sundaram* <sundaram at fedoraproject.org
> > <mailto:sundaram at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Santosh Kumar wrote:
> >      > Yes, i did check that & i wanted to know if the current system
> >     needs a
> >      > change!!
> >      >

> >     What kind of change do you suggest? Lets not rehash the discussion
> we
> >     had a couple of months back.
> >

> > I now wanna suggest an efficient tracking system where in the
> > ambassadors say when they shipped?
>
> Sorry. You are not clear. Currently everybody participating in the Free
> media program (they dont have to ambassadors) has to explicitly
> acknowledge every request they agree to via the fedora-freemedia list.
> You want the person to specify a date and time whey they do the actual
> shipment or are you suggesting we use a ticketing system or something
> else?

Sorry for not being clear. I would like to have a Shipment Tracking system
where the ambassadors would have to  mention the date of actual shipment.
First of all, the current method of just a acknowledgement mail gives us no
actual detail if the  Request was really shipped on time or not!
--
Santosh