Re: [Ambassadors] Sharing Experiences with you !

On 11/1/06, Armel Kermorvant <armelk akserver dyndns org> wrote:

 Good Morning  Ambassadors,

 We are glad to share with you all the experiences we had during the French
Install Parties that hapened this month.

 - Lille (2006 oct 21st):

     - We were 4 Ambassadors in Lille.
     - Lots of people liked the 3d effect, this is a major point to promote
in Fedora.
     - During the day, we had a lot of discussion with the Fedora Users and
we had positive feedbacks about Fedora product and communauty.
     - One installation, but lot of questions arround Fedora.
     - On the MrTom's Blog, some pictures are available

http://mrtomlinux.org/index.php?gallery/campux/install-party-fedora#gallery

 - Paris (2006 oct 28th):

     - We were 10 Ambassadors in Paris.
     - It was the 1st real adventure for some Fedora Ambassadors.
     - We prepared some presentions :
           - Fedora Project : MrTom
           - 3D Desktop Effect : [splinux]
           - Fedora Support : trashy
           - Open Source vs Non Open Source softwares : Armelk

     - We made some installations of Fedora Core 6 on Desktops and Notebook
products.
     - We burned Burn some DVD and copied the ISO files into the end user
hard drive.
     - Firt feedbacks from the partner is very positive, we are welcome for
next version of Fedora (7).
     - Here are some pictures of the event:
           -
http://odysseus.x-tnd.be/blog/index.php/post/29/10/2006/Paris-nous-voici
           -
http://mrtomlinux.org/index.php?gallery/generale/install-party-fedora-paris-octobre-2006#gallery

 The keys elements for the presentation and Fedora promotion are :
      - 3D Desktop Effects (All Fedora users and all people like it).
      - Fedora Project and Fedora Community, lot of people need a clear
picture about Fedora and RedHat, the Ambassadors clarify this point.
      - The new printer installation software (More user friendly and easier
for the configuration).
      - Ambassadors present during the day and motivate the user to test and
use Fedora.

 Next step for the Fedora French Team :
      - Prepare the major Open Source Show in Paris.
      - 30 January to 01 February LINUX SOLUTION - CNIT - PARIS - La Defense
(http://www.solutionslinux.fr/fr/index.php - the English
page is not available at the moment).
      - In the same place we have the major Open Source actors.
      - We are preparing this event in collaboration with Parinux (Active
Linux User Group).
      - I'm pretty sure the Fedora US and Worldwide Team support us on this
project.

 The French Ambassadors

Thank you Armel, That's an excellent report.
Also I want to apologize to French Ambassadors Team that we were not
able to fulfill your request promptly last time.  I want to assure you
that we'll make sure you receive support you deserve in the next
French event.
Thomas Chung