Re: [Ambassadors] QA Quality Assurance

On 11/9/06, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc mwiriadi id au> wrote:
Hey all,

How do all of you verify that your DVD's are not corrupt and or
verified.  I've verified my iso which is fine but with a new pack of
dvd's I've had two people email me back with issues related to the
dvd's.

One person said that when he boots the cd it says the kernel is corrupt.

The other person said that it failed the media check.

I've got no issues sending new ones back to them to make sure their
fedora experience is great. I just don't want to have this issue
re-occur and I would like to QA the dvd's prior to them receiving them.

Regards,

Marc

In most cases they are due to bad burn but it's possible they might be
damaged during shipping. ISO images are ok since you can verify them
with sha1sum.
See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/Download

In some case, I was able to install successfully regardless media
check fail. Go figure. :)
Thomas Chung