Re: [Ambassadors] QA Quality Assurance

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 16:45 -0800, Thomas Chung wrote:

In some case, I was able to install successfully regardless media
check fail. Go figure. :)

Yes. The media check is sensitive to hardware especially media drives and might be incorrect on occasions.

Same as me however is there a way to reduce the number of mistakes
regarding the dvd?

I've checked the iso its fine.  I checked with the end user thats fine
as in there is no scratches on the dvd.  The only thing it can be is a
faulty dvd.  Is there any way to check it apart from booting it up on my
computer?

You might have to consider that there are some specific hardware that wouldnt boot up properly in releases. One example is documented in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common with a workaround. The user might be hitting actual bugs.

Rahul