[Ambassadors] QA Quality Assurance

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 10 00:56:43 UTC 2006

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 16:45 -0800, Thomas Chung wrote:

>> In some case, I was able to install successfully regardless media
>> check fail. Go figure. :)

Yes. The media check is sensitive to hardware especially media drives
and might be incorrect on occasions.

> Same as me however is there a way to reduce the number of mistakes
> regarding the dvd?
>
> I've checked the iso its fine.  I checked with the end user thats fine
> as in there is no scratches on the dvd.  The only thing it can be is a
> faulty dvd.  Is there any way to check it apart from booting it up on my
> computer?

You might have to consider that there are some specific hardware that
wouldnt boot up properly in releases. One example is documented in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/FC6Common with a workaround. The user
might be hitting actual bugs.

Rahul