[Ambassadors] Second Life presence

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 19:52:19 UTC 2007

On 2/2/07, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
> To be honest, if a Fedora kiosk/shop existed in Second Life and a wiki page with
> instructions on how to get there,  I would probably install the game just to
> visit it and see what it looks like; probably meet some folks there too.

Each communication channel is worth considering and also worth trying,
if we can reasonably expect some results from it.

Having a Fedora kiosk in Second Life sounds fun, and should not take
too much resources to implement.

So Moshe, and all the ones who found his idea great--why don't you put
together a list of specs the kiosk would have, the content required
etc, and the exact mission the kiosk would have (basically answer the
question Why should somebody come visit it?), and what resources you
will need to accomplish all this? Like, if the registration will
require payments to be made, how much money you will need.

With the finished plan, you can go to Famsco and ask for money if
needed. You can start out a group around this, have a wiki page built,
and if enough committed people will join you, then it might even grow
into a standing project, like Fedora Free Media.

I am looking forward to helping you implement this.

Alex Maier
Art and Photography

http://amaier.net