[Ambassadors] Fosdem2007

simon simon at simline.de
Mon Feb 26 21:28:22 UTC 2007

Here shortly my important goals from Fosdem, but first something personal to
MaxSpevack:
"Thank you, for coming and show such a great interest in the European matters.
I was fascinated how a good listener you are and i am glad and dignified that
we have a Leader who is really a part of the team."

and the team:

I will not ingratiate myself, but now since i know you, the most european
Ambassadors in Person, i think we are such a fine team and i am proud to be a
part of it. We are unique in a positve way (as example in solving conflicts).
I have learned that we all will/must/can grow in our work - three days
english  - was horrible for me - but here is also improvement in sight ;-)

OK now some toughts:
Because Chitlesh's last moderation break up to early to work out our goals for
the future - we will work on this further. For me, one big goal is achieved -
we are now really a european team and no longer only Ambassadors for a single
Country, we will join our power and can help countrys with less ressources -
i will.
Also we worked out that is necessary to lead new Ambassadors and give them a
partner who can help him to find his way in the project - and there will be a
way to do this - in the french team this is naturaly grown in the past and we
will learn this as a example.
With a good Leadership it will be possible to act more independent in europe -
Max commited to give us then a Budget.
There are many more "Soft" Goals that we now have to define, we should
organize a FAD very soon to figure out how we could do it right - here one
big thank you to GeroldKassube for invent FAD and persuade me in the
Ambassador Project.

Cheers Joerg
--

Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688