[Ambassadors] My First Fedora Seminar

Mustafa Qasim alajal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 21:27:50 UTC 2007

Hello!
        I want to organize a Fedora Seminar at my university campus
for my university fellows as soon as I got comfortable with what I am
going to say. I am not a Linux Guru or FOSS advocate nor got much
involved in Fedora Project. I can't figure out what should I say and
what not, where should I limit my seminar. I am using Fedora for a
couple of months but didn't know why I am not confident enough to play
this role? Ooh no it's not that I can't stand before people and say
something but my confidence is what do I know and how much I've grip
over my topic. If I am confident with what I am gonna present then no
matter there are 15 folks before me or 5 thousand :)

I've listened/seen people holding a LOT of experience like System
Programming Level etc. delivering speech on Linux related issues so,
can't imagine how a newbie or a man in street can spread the word
Fedora. Sometimes I think that I need a 10+ years experience in coding
kernel and building Linux codes to be able to address on anything in
Linux.

Did u folks got my point?

I've an idea that I should do a survey like asking folks there what
they think Free software and Linux is, what application are there on
daily usage list in their Windows PC..bla bla ....

After that I think that I can draw a sketch of what my seminar would be like?

could u folks help me to extract maximum benefit from that survey?

Any other Idea?

Thanks in Advance :)

--
Regards,