[Ambassadors] FAD EMEA (2007-11-23 - 2007-11-25)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sat Nov 10 13:48:59 UTC 2007

Thomas Canniot wrote:
>> Just my five cents
>>
>> Gerold
>
> And my five cents as well :)
>
> Thomas

I believe I am one of those examples that coughs up some money to spend
at travel costs each event I attend, and then coughs up some more to
spend at staying in a hotel at the event itself.

Latest LinuxTag in Berlin though I must admit I had arranged for my
employer to pay for the travel costs, and the hotel costs were taken
care of by Max (thanks!).

Frankly, I must say I don't give a shit about where my money goes, it's
being spent whether I attend expensive events or travel for a holiday
(which I haven't done since a couple of years now). What I /do/ care
about is that I know this money could have been spent elsewhere, or
better if you will. For that to happen though it is important we all
meet and exchange ideas and shake hands and get something going.

Only then can we discuss what is a better thing for attendees to
reimburse and how to generate some revenue in order for us to be able to
actually reimburse anything.

Just my ~1416,90 euros (for 2007 alone),

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

--
P.S. It's not that I'm making a lot of money or anything, I am Joe
Average as far as paychecks is concerned.