[Ambassadors] Live USB @ LinuxTag

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

Personally I think this is a fantastic effort. And it's something that Max and I have both been after -- the ability for someone to walk up to the boot and walk away with a working Fedora.

Well, here's what we will do at LinuxTag:

We'll have a computer in our booth that has several Fedora 9 ISOs on it.

We'll have a nice sign printed -- who wants to volunteer to make one -- that advertises "Live USB key station" or something like that.

People walk up with their USB key, and in 3 minutes we turn it into a Fedora 9 Live USB. If it's a 1 GB key, they just get the ISO. If it's a 2 GB key or larger, they get persistence too.

It's as simple as that.

--Max