Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora Belgium

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Thomas Canniot wrote:

Local entities are good as they can do this face to face job with local members. That's what we do here, and I should not make a mistake saying that european people first feels being from their countries before feeling European. I consider myself as being more French than European, however, Europe IS bigger than France and gives many laws to us.

I am very interested in allowing local people to be empowered -- I am glad that there is a French Fedora team that understands all the events in France, and that can come back to someone like me or FAMSCo and ask for resources.

I am glad that there is a LinuxTag and FOSDEM organizational team that does similar things.

I want that to continue to grow, and I want people all over the world to be able to get resources for local events and to promote Fedora locally:

This is one of the goals of the Red Hat Community Architecture team, which I am a member of.

But all of that is very different than going through the process of setting up a separate legal entity for each country, which I personally don't think gives us much value. But that is just my opinion. ;)

--Max