[Ambassadors] F8 Live CD respin without first boot wizard?!?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 21:59:24 UTC 2008

Hi,
our local LUG organized Fedora/Ubuntu install fest and I created for
that occasion respin of Fedora 8 Live CD with updated packages because
I didn't want to have 10 people go and try to get 200MB (or is it even
more) of updates all at once.

I found out one bug that livecd.creator has or kickstart file, or
something else, so please help me because I don't know where to file
this bug.

I recreated the Fedora 8 Live CD with this command:
livecd-creator -c livecd-fedora-8-desktop.ks -f F8Desktop -t /virtual/tmp

It boots and it installs to hard disk without problems, but after
first boot there is no "first boot wizard" that creates user so all
users get is an empty gdm screen to which then can it they know enter
root as a user.

Has anybody tried making respins for F8 Live CD? Do your lice CDs work
as original F8 so that you get first time boot wizard that asks for
user name and password so you create user that will log on later?

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/