[Ambassadors] Proper marketing

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Sun Apr 12 10:51:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Aveek Sen <aveeksen at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi !,
>
> I feel there are a few issues to be tackled:
>
> 1. In India, there are hardly any press releases of Fedora. In the
> weekly technical & computing columns of dailies, there are almost no
> entries mentioning Fedora. Even other distros have low exposure,
> except Ubuntu.

Marketing project has started an initiative to patch this situation:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_news_distribution_network

> 3.There could be some university interaction forum( like Sun's OSUM )
> & certain teach yourself kit distributions like Sun does for its Sun
> Clubs.

Ambassadors project is born to give the possibilities to people to
join such events. If someone want to organize/attend such events, just
write in in fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents. Fedora will support
every efforts the community think it's necessary to move ahead.

I think your points are important and I'm sure it could be really
possible to build a better project starting from those ones.

I invite you to suggests initiatives, so that it could be possible to
direct support them.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini