[Ambassadors] What to Do?

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 8 16:00:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

>> How we make a channel to get feedback  about ambassadors behaviour?
>> Where people (outside and inside fedora) can place a complaint about a
>> ambassadors?
>> Not saying we believe every complaint and punish immediately, but to
>> get a way to have trends and help ambassadors to perform better if
>> possible, and at last resort ban/kick some one.
>>

> The best way to know this is from other ambassadors.
>
> We are trying to challange this real risk trought a strenght mentoring
> of newbie.
>
> Sure the problem seems serious and we should take care of this. The
> idea of a feedback system sounds interesting, but we need to set up
> something for this (TRAC requires a Fedora Account and Wiki too), I
> don't know if, in the other sub-projects, they met something similar,
> but it could be interesting to know, just to share some ideas on this
> with the other ones.

Why not simply add a notice on the wiki saying something like:
« Report an improper behavior from a Fedora ambassador by writing an
email to.... »

I guess FAmSCo members could have their name there, and anyone can
send an email to complain. Then, people receiving the complaints could
contact the ambassador (or his mentor) and talk about the other side
of the story.

That would keep things simple.

Best regards,