[Ambassadors] More Guidance Needed

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Sun Aug 9 08:51:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Frank Murphy
(Frankly3D)<frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> example
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MatiasMaceira not on verification list,
> but has user page (admittedly minimal)
> What if old name is first point of contact?

Every Fedora Contributor (ambassador, marketer,packager and so on) had
its own /wiki/Username page.

Moreover the page url you are linking is the old one, actually every
FAS member has its own page /wiki/users:YOURUSERNAME , to have this
one you have to be signed in FAS. (Unfortunately from a SEO pov many
NameSourname page are displayed as first links).

> As these are Ambassador pages.
> Do I step up and email every name for all Countries,
> and ask are they still involved as Ambassadors?
> Do I need to join some other group to do this?

Why? Actually the positive feedbacks are really more than the negative
ones (and sure, the latter can be counted with an hand, while the
former are a really big number).

If the system work why we need to complicate it?

We all know that there is someone that isn't a perfect ambassadors,
but we have to focus on Events, events, events and on people, people,
people.

We are working on Mentoring, that is the diamond tip of Ambassadors
Project to solve such issues: we are getting great results.

The system is working, we are 600 men and women and we are doing an
excellent job. We can't ask to be all involved and we can't make
police. We have just to count on our energy and our strenght team
work.

Hoping you'll trust me

Francesco Ugolini

p.s. Just a suggestion: if you see an ambassador seems to have
difficulty, just get in touch with him and told him about mentoring or
just give an hand directly: cooperation is the best way, sure :)