[Ambassadors] Help a Friend: Initiative

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 12:41:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:

> It's just I have got back from some of our Freemedia volunteers, who
> are also Ambassadors. That in some cases they just have a CD, maybe
> even an F10 CD, and no DVD or KDE CD.
>
> Will I get all such to contact you?

No :)  I don't have the ability to mail single CDs to people all over
the world!  In fact, I don't even have any Fedora CDs physically in my
possession!  I gave them all away to various Ambassadors in Europe!

So, let's try to understand:

You're saying that there are people who want to help with Free Media by
copying CDs or DVDs -- but they don't have a way to get started because
they can't even get a CD or DVD?

This seems like a recursion problem.  Why can't FreeMedia take care of
this problem?

--Max