[Ambassadors] 2009-05-07 FAMSCO Meeting Summary

Hello and welcome to this tenth FAMSCO weekly meeting summary.

The latest meeting was hold on May 7th 2009 on #fedora-meeting

Attendees:
Francesco Fugolini
Thomas Canniot
Joerg Simon

Regreted attendees:
Rodrigo Padula
David Nalley
Max Spevack
Susmit Shannigrahi

Francesco announces the agenda...
1) Release Events: local organization and status
2) Release Events: what FAmSCo should do in the next weeks?
3) Release Events: is there any proposal to make to improve it (from
FAmSCo and people who will attend it).

... and asks to take account of Max' questions about Release Events :
(1) When will media be available in different regions?
(2) if the release event will be before media is available, will we
advertise that people should bring USB keys and can get Live USBs or
their own Fedora ISOs? (3) Are ambassadors in various regions starting
to think about the dates/locations of their release parties?  How do we
ensure that we have quality events?

Francesco starts by stating that he has invited people on the global
mailing to organize events for the release of Fedora 11. Joerg added
that FAMSCO should have a role of giving the impulse about Release
Events, that Thomas deepened by stating that he can't see FAMSCO's role
about Release Events dealing with concrete things (ordering rooms,
giving presentation, do some marketing, etc.). However, Thomas sees
FAMSCO's role in giving advice on organizing a good Release Event.
Thomas volunteers himself to write mail / blog post about how to
organize a Release Event.

Joerg also reminded everyone that we used to have competition between
Release Events. This was aimed at encouraging people doing good events
and doing good reports. This idea was welcomed.

Franceso adjourned the meeting.
Title: fedora-meeting.log
fugoliniRoll call:
fugoliniFrancesco Ugolini
MrTomThomas Canniot
fugoliniMrTom: we just lost the last meeting, I think 3 is just enought to have a usefull meeting :)
kitalJoergSimon
fugoliniOk, reading the reminder you have been noticed that today we are going to discuss about Release Events
Joindredearka a rejoint ce canal (n=dearka 189 81 30 212).
fugoliniI and Max suggested some topics to discuss about. I think those initiative are really important.
fugoliniBefore scrolling the points, I want to suggest some things to do:
fugolini- Create a wiki page with these events around the world
fugolini- Make something public, like a fedora-announce/fedora planet post in order to let people know that we are in
fugolini- Find any way to get in touch with events owners in order to help them and know what we can do
Joindrerdieter_ a rejoint ce canal (n=rdieter narya unl edu).
fugolinithat's all from a technical pov.
Quitrdieter a quitté ce serveur (Nick collision from services.).
fugoliniFrom today agenda (in chronological order):
Pseudordieter_ est maintenant connu sous le nom de rdieter.
fugolini1) Release Events: local organization and status
fugolini2) Release Events: what FAmSCo should do in the next weeks?
fugolini3) Release Events: is there any proposal to make to improve it (from
fugoliniFAmSCo and people who will attend it).
fugolini(1) When will media be available in different regions?
fugolini(2) if the release event will be before media is available, will we advertise that people should bring USB keys and can get Live USBs or their own Fedora ISOs?
fugolini(3) Are ambassadors in various regions starting to think about the dates/locations of their release parties?  How do we ensure that we have quality events?
fugolinithe last 3 points were suggested by Max and seem the most concrete ones.
fugolinifor Max third point I can say we are seeing something in FedoraEvents page
MrTomit seems we are mixing marketing questins with organization ones
fugolinisure we are
Sujetfugolini a défini le sujet du canal à « FAmSCo Meeting ».
kitali think we should do it in the way how it worked with the past Release Parties -give the impulse
fugoliniI just wrote some emails to invite people organizing such events (I was searching those posts)
kitali think we should make sure that we have Party - but leave it to marketing how and when
MrTomI agree... i barely see FAMSCO role here... we just have to be sure people have the media they need
fugoliniMrTom: the media, and that the initiative could be well organized (be sure everything works fine)
fugoliniMrTom: for the media, what FAmSCo / CommArch can do is giving Local Contact the resources to burn media
fugoliniI just talked about resources for Release Events since the early beginning of Q1 and somehow during Q2
MrTombut what should work fine ? We can't help ordering a room, we can't help having people locally going there, we can't help people doing a presentation in there language, we can't help people installing fedora locally... really, if once is not AT the event the very day, I can't see how we could help them
QuitRodrigo_Padula a quitté ce serveur ("Saindo").
fugoliniand I'm sure we shoudln't have problem in this way
fugoliniMrTom: like we do last year. I asked Ambassadors if they want to organize a meeting to discuss about REs organization
PartirMostafaDaneshvar a quitté ce canal.
fugoliniunfortunately it hadn't the effect I wish
Quitdearka a quitté ce serveur ("Saindo").
kitalok motivation is another thing than enable
MrTomwe can help on motivation, we can help on helping people having ideas for presentation, on how to speak and how to organize the whole event
MrTombut that' all we can do : giving advice
kitalmake a release party competition we had already in the past - is maybe something that will enhance the Report Activities
fugolinikital: sure, the idea sounds good.
kitalfirst price flight to next fudcon in the next region
kital;)
MrTomfor example
fugoliniWe should ask treasurer, but it seems a good idea
kitalmake a release party and win a flight to the next Fudcon
fugoliniJust take note of it, ask for resource avaialbility, and push in the list. Do you agree?
MrTomyep
MrTomi volunteer myself to write a serie of mail / blog post (why not) on how to organize a successful release event
MrTomand detailing each aspects of an event
kitalperfect
fugolinigreat
fugoliniI'm sorry if I can be so helpfull as I want but I had a series of unwanted problems that made him less productive than I wanted
fugolinithank you MrTom
Quitmoixs a quitté ce serveur (Remote closed the connection).
fugoliniAnything to say about Release Events?
MrTomnot from my side
kitalno
Joindrebiertie a rejoint ce canal (n=bert 208 99-242-81 adsl-dyn isp belgacom be).
fugoliniok, I think we have, or better, you have painted a clear way in order to have a great Release Events tournout :)
fugoliniIf nobody has to say something I'm going to adjourn the meeting
fugolinithank you for you precious attention
MrTomyou're welcome
fugolini== Meeting Adjourned ==

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!