XaraLX Removal

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Jan 8 15:24:25 UTC 2007

Effective immediately XaraLX has been removed from Fedora Extras for all
releases.   We have taken this drastic step  as we have been made aware  that
it is in violation of Fedora Policies.  While the application has been
released as GPL,  it contains a Static Library that is still proprietary and
available in binary form only.

There is a note in the source tarball stating that at some future time the
library will also be released under the GPL.  When that happens we will
welcome XaraLX back as a package.

Dennis Gilmore on behalf of FESCo