From Jim Whitehurst: F10!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 05:26:20 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

Jim Whitehurst has sent us the following congratulatory message on
Fedora 10.  I'm forwarding it myself, since the mailing list software
seems not to care that Jim could have it erased with the drop of his
big red hat, and keeps swallowing his email to us! ;-)

Paul Frields

* * * * *

FROM: Jim Whitehurst
RE:   F10!

Yesterday marked the tenth release of Fedora, and I wanted to take the
opportunity to congratulate the Fedora community.  We at Red Hat are
glad to be part of Fedora, and in fact I've already downloaded and
installed it myself.  Ten releases in five years is an astonishing pace
of innovation, and the community has much to be proud of.

Over the last five years the Fedora Project has come far:  creating a
publicly available packaging code base, establishing a completely free
and open source infrastructure for its engineering processes, unifying
the software repositories, and developing scalable, local grassroots
communities.  As a result of those efforts, you've also created artwork,
marketing, project hosting, mirroring tools, and many other pieces of
free software that will benefit the entire Linux ecosystem.

One of the things that sets Fedora apart is its unwavering commitment to
working with upstream software projects.  By working with upstream, you
can take advantage of the full power of the open source development
model.  That helps create more value in Red Hat's product offerings, but
it also results in a more sustainable process for open source worldwide.

I want to thank each and every one of Fedora's thousands of
contributors, and again, congratulations on Fedora 10!